CRS Rice Bowl 2016 Highlights
From the Office of Social Ministry
Click HERE to go the local CRS Rice Bowl site.
Thank you for doing CRS Rice Bowl in your schools. The prayers and devotions that your school has offered through this program are bringing new life to our poorest and most vulnerable brothers and sisters in local communities and around the world. Based upon your reporting and figures from our Finance Office, our Hawaii Catholic Schools collected a record amount! Mahalo Nui Loa!
Mahalo for your amazing Rice Bowl Participation
Hawaii Catholic School Rice Bowl Highlights By Vicariate
- CENTRAL OAHU | Our Lady of Good Counsel School
- This is the second year that OLGC School participated in the App Challenge welcoming the Sixth graders to the competition. The Eighth graders placed third in the challenge completing 75.11% of the total possible tasks beating out 16 other classes from 9 other schools.
- ***other participating schools: St. Michael School
- LEEWARD OAHU | Our Lady of Perpetual Help School
- Sr Davilyn Ah Chick, school principal, reported that each of her teachers received the Rice Bowl lessons for each of their classes.
- LEEWARD OAHU | St. Joseph School
- St Joseph in Waipahu participated in Rice Bowl this year, to include using the elementary and middle school lessons in the classrooms.
- WEST HONOLULU | St. Anthony School
- This is the second year St Anthony participated in the App Challenge. Their combined class of Seventh and Eighth graders completed 99.33% of the tasks and if it were not for the missing one singular submittal, they would’ve scored 100%!!!
- ***other participating schools: St. John the Baptist Catholic School, Cathedral Catholic Academy, Holy Family Catholic Academy and St. Theresa School
- EAST HONOLULU | St. Patrick School
- The school campus ministry leads activities throughout the Lenten season to include the Rice Bowl program. The lessons from the Educator’s Guide and those found on the Rice Bowl webpage were used in all classrooms.
- ***other participating schools: Maryknoll School and Mary, Star of the Sea School
- WINDWARD OAHU | St. Ann Model Schools
- Rice Bowls were blessed at the school’s Ash Wednesday Mass then distributed to all the students. The weekly Rice Bowl lessons were also used in the classrooms.
- ***other participating schools: St. Anthony School and St. John Vianney School
- MAUI | Sacred Hearts School
- The school’s Eighth grade homeroom class participated in the Rice Bowl App Challenge for the first time. Their teacher expressed great satisfaction teaching her students about our Global church as they learn about life in other countries.
- KAUAI | St. Catherine Catholic School
- While on a site visit, Fr Anthony led OSM staff on a tour of the school where we were allowed to speak briefly to several classes. The Middle School participation in the APP Challenge this year was exceptional. They ranked second out of nineteen classes from Oahu and Maui completing 97.44% of the tasks.
- EAST HAWAII | St. Joseph School
- Students in all grades did Rice Bowl and teachers incorporated lessons from the Rice Bowl Educator’s Guide.